Membership in our organization is open to anyone interested. As declared in UNAC´s official brochure, there is no set membership fee. However, because UNAC relies on membership donations to continue its important work, we encourage members to give as generously as they can.
We want all interested Canadians to become members, regardless of financial situation. We suggest a minimum donation of $25 for new members and $15 for students. Those who can afford more, please help by giving more. If you cannot afford to donate the full amount, please give what you can. Tax receipts will be issued for all donations of $10 and up. UNAC membership automatically entitles members to the benefits of their local branch. In Edmonton, we will keep you updated and informed as to what we do and aim to do and how you may be involved if you choose to be.
Some of the benefits of membership include:
- Members are invited to participate (and vote) as part of the Edmonton branch.
- Members may ask to be included in a periodic e-newsleter from the National Office.
- Members are invited to attend and participate in Annual General Meetings at both the national and local levels.
- Members are encouraged to become active volunteers within UNA-Canada.
- Membership donations of $10 and up are receiptable for tax purposes.
- A membership card.
There are several ways of obtaining a membership:
- Online through Canada Helps at https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/united-nations-association-in-canada/. Be sure to specify the “Edmonton Branch” under Fund/Designation.
- Complete this form, fill it out and send it directly to the National Office at 300-309 Cooper Street, Ottawa ON K2P 0G5 with your donation or fax it with your credit card information to (613) 563-2455.
- Obtain a membership form from any member of the branch, or at any branch activity, fill it out and send it in to the National Office with your donation.
Our branch currently has the following volunteer openings:
- Facilitators for What Kind of World…? Program. Ongoing positions available.
From time-to-time, we also have other specific needs. If you would like to be kept informed, please contact us. We thank you in advance for your willingness to help.
We thank you in advance for becoming a member and volunteering with us!