United Nations Association in Canada’s International Development & Diplomacy Internship Programme (IDDIP) internships provide successful applicants, known as Junior Professional Consultants (JPCs), with invaluable work experience, as well as a proven bridge to employment. The Programme also provides professional development training & supports including: job readiness, professional resume preparation, and access to our exclusive mentorship programme before, during and after deployment. Now in its 20th year of investing in talented young Canadians, the IDDIP is proud to continue sending Canada’s best and brightest young professionals to UN and other international Agencies around the world on six-month internships.
· There is no application or administrative fee (flight and accommodation are not included).
· The application deadline is February 29th, 2016.
· Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
· Over 98% of our JPCs find meaningful work within six months of completing their internship – acting as a proven bridge to employment.
· Internships are typically six-months in length with Agencies such as: UNDP, IOM, UNODC, UNICEF, UN Women, UNHCR.
· UNA-Canada’s internship opportunities require a bachelor degree, but some require applicants to be currently enrolled at a recognized university or college; 4th year students may apply knowing there are limited opportunities available. The majority of our successful candidates are current or graduated students.
· Successful applicants will be deployed in May, June and July 2016, depending on the need of their partner Agency.